The overarching WNDD Business Microloan Program goal is to provide capital needed to encourage economic growth and support the establishment of new businesses and expansion of existing businesses to create jobs in Western Nevada.
To learn more about the WNDD Business Microloan Program, please download the following:
- Personal Financial Statement Template (please complete as part of Loan Application)
WNDD Business Microloan Program
The WNDD Business Microloan Program is steered by an experienced Loan Review Committee and Board-approved WNDD Lending Policies and Procedures. We hope to expand our program’s range of use of funds, eligible service areas, and loan amounts in the near future.
- Eligible Applicants: Small businesses operating in rural communities
- Use of Funds: Equipment purchase, leasehold improvements, machinery/supplies, business enlargement, repair, modernization, or development; purchasing and development of land, easements, rights-of-way, building, facilities, leases or materials; start-up operating costs and working capital
- Qualifications: Business plan, rural based, and ability to demonstrate profitability, repayment ability, and economic benefit through job creation
- Loan Amounts: Loans through USDA Rural Development RBEG range from $4,000-$5,000. Loans through the Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development CDBG REDF to can be made up to $35,000.
- Loan Terms: 3-5 years
- Interest Rate: 10%
- Collateral: Loans must be secured by collateral including real property, equipment, machinery, fixtures, and other business assets or personal assets.
WNDD would like to extend sincere gratitude to the following organizations for helping us to make our program possible:
- USDA Rural Development
- Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development Community Development Block Grant
- City of Fernley
- Rural Nevada Development Corporation